Vegetarian Network of Austin Message Board › Coming together in Community

Coming together in Community

Ariel G.
user 14442176
Boulder, CO
Post #: 6
Hi Everyone,

I would love to hear what people think about creating a community forum for the purpose of coming together in a group to share in conversation and exercises that help us connect more deeply to each other as fellow activists and friends who share a desire to create a more compassionate world. My impression is that we all want to make more of a difference somehow, but many things can stand in our way. I feel that in creating a dynamic support group, we can share with each other our desires, frustrations, blocks, experiences, attempts, projects, needs and ideas as well as practices and feedback to help us connect more deeply to the core of what matters to each of us and the best direction to take for fulfilling those values. One of the key points i'd like to bring attention to is the role of communication in creating change amongst other humans. I've come up with a phrase that represents my beliefs: "Conversation not Conversion". I'd like to join together with others to share deeply in what matters most to us and how we can better be representatives of the change we want to manifest. Please, please, please comment if you'd like to be part of creating or attending such a group!!! Thank you, Ariel