addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Madison Area Vegetarian Meetup Group Message Board Other Events › Veggie Kids Cooking Class

Veggie Kids Cooking Class

Jill T.
user 12813511
Madison, WI
Post #: 3
I am starting vegetarian kids cooking classes at Willy West. The numbers are still low, so I wanted to let you all know this way too. You would just need to sign up by calling or stopping by the Coop and I would love to show them how much we want/need classes like these!

Thanks so much!
Sincerely,
Jill Tikkun

p.s. I'm also working on a vegan kids cookbook that I hope will be out next year!!biggrin

West - Veggie Kids: Italian Pizzaz
Monday, April 18, 2011 - 11:00am-1:00pm

Come for an entertaining lunch on the first day of Spring Break! Instructor Jill Tikkun will prepare appetizers, calzones and dessert pies, with the help of participants, ages 6-12. Parents/caregivers are welcome, but not required. Participants will use deliciously-prepared vegetables and take home dough to share their new skills with their family. Cost for Owners is $10 and $20 for all others (Access Discount: $8). Owners can take the whole Veggie Kids Spring Break series for $25! Payment is required at registration; please register by stopping at the Willy West Customer Service desk or by calling 284-7800.

West - Veggie Kids: Brunch
Wed, April 20, 2011 11-1 p.m.

Instructor Jill Tikkun, along with the assistance of participants (age 6-12), will be turning classic favorites into a vegetarian feast! Participants will learn to prepare tasty scrambles & biscuits in healthy ways. Cost for Owners is $10 and $20 for all others (Access Discount: $8). Owners can take the whole Veggie Kids Spring Break series for $25! Payment is required at registration; please register by stopping at the Willy West Customer Service desk or by calling 284-7800.

West - Veggie Kids: Pirate Madness
11:00am - 1:00pm

Ahoy Matey! We'll be taking a cruise down Compassionate Lane and make a meal fit for a...Pirate! Yes Pirates can eat well too! So dress in your best garb, help us find buried treasure and give us your best ARGH! Instructor Jill Tikkun will show you how to prepare pirate-themed foods, including potato boats and a surprise dessert. Cost for Owners is $10 and $20 for all others (Access Discount: $8). Owners can take the whole Veggie Kids Spring Break series for $25! Payment is required at registration; please register by stopping at the Willy West Customer Service desk or by calling 284-7800.