addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Macy S.
user 12716287
Middleton, WI
Post #: 1
I had a wonderful vegan meal at Bella Vita last night. I had gone to the Bella Vita veg meetup and remembered it was good. There was little on the menu in the way of vegan meals (however, there are several creative vegetarian dishes), so I asked for vegan options. The head chef Daniel stopped at our table and said he could do something with fresh, local squash, turnips, swiss chard, artichokes, carrots, and several other ingredients I don't recall. I wasn't sure about it, because I haven't had much turnips or swiss chard, but I trusted him and ordered it. It was beautifully presented, aromatic, fresh and flavorful. My non-vegan friend agreed. I'm not sure what kind of sauce he made up, but the blending of everything was very tasty -- among the best vegan meals I've had. I would highly recommend Bella Vita.
Dave
dvandelay
Group Organizer
Middleton, WI
Post #: 175
I went there last month and asked Daniel to surprise me with something vegan (that didn't have beets). He put together a delicious meal.

He also expressed interest in hosting another meetup dinner for us. We'll plan something this spring.
Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 57
Sadly, Bella Vita closed in Feb, 2012. Will miss them.