The Madison Area Vegetarian Meetup Group Message Board Restaurant Talk › Possible Meetup Locations

Possible Meetup Locations

Dave
dvandelay
Group Organizer
Middleton, WI
Post #: 1
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
Let's compile a list of potential locations for meeting up. These are some of my favorite restaurants. All have lunch buffets with lots of vegetarian items.

India Darbar Restaurant
6119 Odana Road, 274-1788

Maharaja
6713 Odana Road, 833-1824
1707 Thierer Road, 246-8525

Taj Indian Restaurant
1256 South Park Street, 268-0772

What are some of your favorites?

-Dave
A former member
There is also Chautara's on state st.
with it's fantastic tibetan vegetarian food options.
Audrey
AudreyT
Madison, WI
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Here are some of my favorite veg-friendly restaurants:

Bandung Indonesian
600 Williamson Street
http://www.bandungres...­

Very good, use a lot of tempe in vegetarian dishes The vegetarian ristofal (sp?) is a great assortment of sample dishes, which can be ordered vegetarian. This option is a bit expensive.

Tex Tubb's Taco Palace
2009 Atwood
http://www.foodfighti...­

It ain't Austin, but the tacos are pretty good.

Shish Cafe
5510 University Ave.

A little pricey but the salads are big and fresh. The Middleastern veggie pizza is spicy!
A former member
These all sound like great ideas. How about Pasquals? They have an amazing black bean chimichanga that will blow your mind away. I'd also like to through out there the idea of a picnic. Perhaps we may have to wait until spring for that sort of meeting, but that would be a great option for families - and then everyone could show off/ share their great recipes!
Jan
najjie
Seattle, WA
Post #: 41
Be sure to check out vegmadison.com too!
Some folks are already aware of the site but I bet there are a few who aren't.

I'd like to try the Caspian Café, and I always enjoy the Weary Traveler's vegan options.

Plus of course there are a couple of road-trip options for actual vegetarian restaurants:
The Cheese Factory in the Dells
Country Life Garden in Portage
A former member
I work at Bandung Indonesian Restaurant here in Madison WI. It was and still is one of my favorite places. We have a HUGE veggie menu, and can make almost anything on the meat menu vegan. I highly suggest Bandung. We also make our own tempe here and its sooooooooooooo good! Come!!!!biggrin
Jennifer Gaber
user 11518410
Madison, WI
Post #: 4
I had the vegan Yippie Hash and a Bloody Maria at the Eldorado brunch last Sunday and it was amazingly satisfying. I don't know how their early-in-the-week evenings look, but they certainly seem to have enough space for a large crowd on a slow night. I wonder what they could do? Is Kevin Tubb still the owner
Brenda Morris
user 13145378
Madison, WI
I would love to go to a Meet-up at Bandung or any Indian restaurant.

What about the Icon for tapas? I know their regular menu isn't terribly vegan friendly, but maybe they could do some special dishes for us on a weeknight?

Also, is Graze an option? I haven't been there yet, but it seems like a place that would do some specials for us and would probably be fantastic.

As for road trips, I would make a road trip to the Spring Green General Store for their tofu migas. Yum! They have great breakfast and lunch. :)
Julie Fitzpatrick
user 13348750
Madison, WI
Has the Green Owl already been mentioned, or is it too small to accomodate our group?
Dave
dvandelay
Group Organizer
Middleton, WI
Post #: 125
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
Has the Green Owl already been mentioned, or is it too small to accomodate our group?

It is too small for our group, but there's no way we'd miss out on having events there. We held back to back events there last February to accommodate most people who were interested...
http://www.meetup.com...­

Jennie and I are now discussing plans for another event there.

-Dave