|Sent on:||Saturday, December 29, 2012 12:17 AM|
Animal Equality have launched their latest investigation into the foie gras industry. ‘Caracierzos’, which is the second largest producer and distributor of foie gras in Spain, is revealed to supply European retailers.
Please sign the two petitions against foie gras...
This is the fourth investigation Animal Equality has presented during 2012 exposing the foie gras industry, in France and Spain.
At the farm the Animal Equality investigation team found...
• Ducks with broken and torn beaks that were covered in blood.
• Scenes of indifference by farmers towards suffering animals.
• Injured, sick, and traumatised ducks.
• Ducks in cages with stereotypic behavior, such as head shaking and stereotypic feather preening which is a possible sign of stress.
• Ducks with breathing difficulties.
• Ducks with apparent congenital eye disorders and acquired eye malformations.