align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

VegNet Bend Message Board › Mexican Lasagna

Mexican Lasagna

Chris V.
user 12629873
Bend, OR
Post #: 1
9 x 13 baking dish
12-15 corn tortilla's
3 cans non fat refried beans
3 cans whole black beans (Rinsed and Drained)
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 red bell pepper
1 fresh jalapeno pepper
1 onion
2-3 small cans of olives
2 19 oz cans enchilada sauce
2 tomato's
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 bag Daiya vegan cheese shreds
Mince 2 or three garlic cloves
1 cup salsa

* Place 1 tbl spoon of water in a large saute or frying pan. Chop peppers and onions. Saute with cumin, chili powder and garlic.
* Spray pan with non stick spray and place a layer of tortilla's on botton of pan.
* Mix beans and olives and spread a layer on tortilla's add a portion of the enchilada sauce and 1/2 of the saute veggies. sprinkle some Daiya shreds and some of the chopped tomato's.
* Add another layer of tortillas. Another layer of beans and saute veggies. more enchilada sauce, chopped tomato's, Daiya shreds and 1 cup of salsa.
* One more layer of tortillas rest of enchilada sauce and more Daiya shreds.
* If you prefer this to be non fat leave out the Daiya shreds.
* Bake for 40 minutes at 375
Garnish with fresh avocado
A former member
Post #: 4
I was not sure if that was the Daiya or not. I am glad it was, and it was very tasty. That is the second time I tried it and you seemed to have figured out how to melt it properly :)