The VSDC Life-Affirming Thanksgiving Celebration is an annual event that brings together vegans, vegetarians, and non-vegetarians to enjoy life-affirming, all-vegan food, and a wonderful social setting. Once again, the gourmet buffet will be held at the Bethesda Hyatt Regency Hotel, located at 7400 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Bethesda Metro station).
Sign-in and appetizers will begin at noon and the buffet will start just after 1:00pm (you must arrive by 1:00pm)! VSDC is excited to have Dr. Jonathan Balcombe as our guest speaker this year. Stephen Svoboda will provide live background music.
We are very excited about this year's all-vegan menu; our goal was to make the meal more hearty and satisfying. We have incorporated exciting recipes from vegan culinary experts & educators in the local DC area.
- Lovely Lentil Soup*
Salads / Appetizers
- Vegetable Crudités (Raw Vegetables) with Dip Assortment**
- Garden Salad with Apples and Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Freshly Baked Sourdough, Crusted Olive Bread, and Pumpkin Rolls with Olive Oil for Dipping
- Vegan Stuffing and Gravy with Cranberry Sauce
- Hearty BBQ Tofu***
- Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Tomato and Fennel Broth
- Fragrant Sweet Potato with Orange*
- Spicy Collard Greens*
- Country Harvest Rice Pilaf Cooked in Homemade Vegetable Stock
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Mango Parfait****
- Lemonade, Iced Tea, Freshly Brewed Coffee, and Teas
* Recipes as found in “By Any Greens Necessary” by Tracye McQuirter.
** Cheddar Style Spread and Mexi-Cheddar Style Dip provided by Wayfare Foods.
*** Based on recipe from Levita D. Mondie-Sapp in The Washington Post.
**** Recipe provided by Zizania.
Reservations are essential; there will be absolutely no walk-in registrations.
Prices ― The price, including tax and gratuity, is $54 for VSDC members and $57 for non-members. Children aged 3 -12 are $36, and those under age 3 are free. Highchairs are available upon request.
Only on-line reservation are possible now and they MUST be completed by Sunday, November 21.
Registration information is available on the VSDC website.
For more information, please visit the VSDC website.
We are in need of volunteers to help with registration and ushering people to their tables. Please e-mail [masked] if you are interested.
Bring your family and friends, and give thanks on this day in a very special way!