Dear Vegan Long Island members,
Wow, as of today there are over 650 members in this group! If you're one of our newest members, WELCOME.
1. BIG BASH: Given how large we've grown, wouldn't it be fun to have a big bash where a hundred or more of us get together? If anyone wants to help me plan a large gathering for sometime this fall or next spring, please get in touch.
2. NEW LOGO: Our group should have an original logo. (I didn't create the current logo, and I'd like to avoid copyright trouble.) Want to come up with a new logo for the group? Submit your entry to me whenever it's ready, and if the selection committee likes yours, we'll take you out to dinner. Yay!
4. FOOD & NO-SHOW POLICY: I've updated the group guidelines regarding food and no-shows. Thanks in advance for everyone's cooperation! Here they are:
At VLI meetups, the food is always vegan, and everyone is treated with kindness. (In other words, please bring/order only vegan fare. Even if you or your guests don't think of yourselves as "vegan.") For additional guidance, please read "To ensure harmonious meetups" here: http://www.meetup.com...NO SHOW/RSVP Policy: A No Show is when you RSVP yes, but then don't attend. This is easy to avoid: keep your RSVP up to date. If your plans change and you can no longer attend an event, change your RSVP to no. Your RSVP at the RSVP deadline is what we expect of you. An emergency may happen that causes you to be a no-show; just be sure to contact the event organizer ASAP. That's one "no-show," and that's plenty. Two no-shows and we may drop you from the group. We need to keep our relationships with local businesses intact, and if we get a reputation for not keeping our word to them, they may quit working with us.
5. I'm thinking about setting up some monthly meetings via conference call. If you like this idea, or have any suggestions, send me your thoughts! My ideas so far:
- HCWH Hour (HCWH=How Can We Help?): a monthly call with a focus on support. Seeking resources, tips, or just some compassionate listening? Please join us.
- Vegan Check-In: a monthly social hour/party line where you can catch up with friends, meet new members. Share good news & recharge your vegan batteries.
That's it for now. Thanks for your kind attention! Don't forget to check out the message board, and as always, feel free to send me your feedback about the group anytime.
Yours for a kinder, greener, healthier world,