Vegan Long Island Message Board › Promising Restaurant Opening in Islip

Promising Restaurant Opening in Islip

Neil F.
user 56587942
East Islip, NY
Post #: 1
I passed this place yesterday and was very excited. It's not open yet but here is the website. Looks promising for sure. Not vegan but it looks workable.

Vege Favor - Vegitarian Food
Jennifer G.
user 6937947
Group Organizer
Bellport, NY
Post #: 228
Wow—great find, Neil! Thank you SO much for posting this!

I just sent a message through their contact form asking them to email or call me when they're officially open so we can schedule a dinner there. Can't wait...this looks really terrific.

Thank you again!! smile
Karen N.
user 33415772
Amityville, NY
Post #: 30
YES! Why are the GOOD places so far East! Whine, whine! Tried Hunan Cottage, in Plainview, 3x since MU there, while PB, only "fair" Chinese food! This does look wonderful!
Neil F.
user 56587942
East Islip, NY
Post #: 3
Still not open though the facade is gone and the tables are in. Opening Soon sign is up next to the help wanted sign. Can't be long now....

Neil
Karen N.
user 33415772
Amityville, NY
Post #: 35
:-D
A former member
Post #: 10
Thanks Neil - I joined their mailing list and asked whether customers will be able to get their order with or without MSG. My wife doesn't prefer MSG. - Tom
Neil F.
user 56587942
East Islip, NY
Post #: 4
I'd like to know about deleting eggs from certain dishes. I'm sure they would but until you ask there's no way to know.
Neil F.
user 56587942
East Islip, NY
Post #: 5
Seems they open tomorrow October 12. I'll try to get over there next week some time.

Neil
Jennifer G.
user 6937947
Group Organizer
Bellport, NY
Post #: 262
That's great news! I'm looking forward to scheduling a meetup there.
Edward K.
user 56302572
West Babylon, NY
Post #: 2
That's great news! I'm looking forward to scheduling a meetup there.
I had dinner there yesterday. It was very good. The prices are very good. The entrescsre $6.99 and there combos are $6.99. The combos come with a smoothie for $6.99. The place is a nice size. They csn make most things vegan, just let them know at the counter when you order. Some of things that are vegetarian only they have other options for. For example, the fried rice had egg but the lomain doesnt. I went with three vegans and they all raved about it. I will be back for dinner tonight. Note, they do not serve real meat at all. You can not get tradional chinease food there. Only vegetarian or vegan. It should be good enough though for nonvegetarians or vegans though. I had the sweet and sour chicken and you could not tell the difference. I also had the General Tso's chicken, which was not the same texture or taste but I thought this was better. It was a bit spicy and bad so much depth of flavor...enjoy!