Vegan Long Island Message Board › Disclaimer about Friday's venue...

Disclaimer about Friday's venue...

Ted B.
user 11538335
Massapequa Park, NY
Dear friends,
It's just come to my attention that Dean, who has generously opened his home for our atheist comedy night & vegan potluck this Friday, has taxidermied animals on the walls. They can't be moved, unfortunately. If you feel this setting will make you very uncomfortable and you won't be able to be attend, I will understand. As a vegan of 20 years, I'm not entirely comfortable looking at that myself, but not enough that I would cancel the event or let it ruin my night. Dean is honestly one of the sweetest, warmest, and smartest guys you'll ever meet, and I sincerely hope this will not change your plans. We're not making any kind of statement for or against animal suffering by going. We are gathering for delicious vegan food with great company among vegans and omnivores alike, and to laugh our asses off at some fantastic comedy.

If you do want to change your plans, please change your RSVP status in the Meetup group, as there are currently no open spots and there is a waiting list now.

Best,
Ted