Vegan Long Island Message Board › Citizens Climate Lobby Meeting

Citizens Climate Lobby Meeting

Max K.
user 78154632
Melville, NY
Post #: 9
Hi all,

Those of you who attended the Sustainability Institute's showing of The Island President got to listen a message from the Citizens Climate Lobby - Long Island chapter. They're part of a national organization that is lobbying Congress to institute a carbon fee and dividend policy, that would tax carbon emissions at the source and return all revenue directly to citizens through tax rebates. I felt that they have the economics and politics on their side; a number of economists from all sides of the political spectrum feel that this is the right approach to forcing the market to seriously invest in renewable energy. Multiple Senators have also endorsed some version of this plan. With this in mind, I intend to go to their latest meeting this Saturday and listen to what they're all about. I encourage anyone who is interested in the greater issue of climate change to come along as well. Their meeting is on Saturday (April 6) from 12:15 - 3 PM at the Panera Bread in West Babylon (1025 West Montauk Highway). If you're somewhere near the Stony Brook area and want to come, we could carpool.

Here is their Facebook page, and the national organization has a website as well. The Carbon Tax Center website answers a lot of questions about the policy this group is lobbying for.
Hilly
hillyadams
Manorville, NY
Post #: 92