align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Vegan Long Island Message Board › What's your favorite vegan restaurant in Brooklyn?

What's your favorite vegan restaurant in Brooklyn?

Ted B.
user 11538335
East Northport, NY
Post #: 11
What's your favorite vegan restaurant in Brooklyn?
I'm a bit bored of Food Swings after eating there for 5 years.And not V Spot which is terrible.
Mackenzie
Durga
Bellport, NY
Post #: 1
I used to go to Dao Palate all the time! but when i passed by it 2 weeks ago, the location i frequented was closed, but i know they have another one a few blocks away so you should see if that one is still open! it is a pan asian restaurant that i thought was delicious. :)
Jennifer G.
user 6937947
Group Organizer
Bellport, NY
Post #: 373
Ted, aw, I'm a fan of V-Spot! I wonder what you had that was terrible?

I've been to Champs once and look forward to going again. As one reviewer said, "My eyeballs popped at the menu. Go here, especially for breakfast."
Here's the all-vegan menu: http://www.champsdine...­
9 AM - 11 PM every day. Alert: they take cash only.
176 Ainslie St, Brooklyn, New York, NY
Ted B.
user 11538335
East Northport, NY
Post #: 12
Thanks guys! I checked out Dao Palate and Champs online, and both they look amazing.

Jennifer, I went to V-spot in 2006. I don't remember what specifically I had, but I remember they were really nice there but the food was absolutely atrocious. Just to sure, I ate there twice and tried something different. I remember thinking it was the worst restaurant food I had ever had in my life, because I told everyone not to eat there, which I normally wouldn't care enough to do. My roommates at the time - also vegan - said the same thing. Frankly, I'm surprised they're still around today.
Jennifer G.
user 6937947
Group Organizer
Bellport, NY
Post #: 374
Oh! Well, kitchen staff can change... 2006 was a looooong time ago. Any time I've had a V-Spot empanada, it's been enjoyable. Nowadays, it looks like some Yelp reviewers agree with me, and others agree with you. smile
Hilly
hillyadams
Manorville, NY
Post #: 93
I've been to Champs once and look forward to going again.
Here's the all-vegan menu: http://www.champsdine...­

Jennifer, I've been waiting for Champs to re-start their themed dinner-and-a-movie night. When they do, we should really hold an event there.
Ted B.
user 11538335
East Northport, NY
Post #: 13
Hilly, that's a great idea!
So my friend and I ended up going to Coco-Lin, a cute little vegan Asian spot in Ridgewood. It was awesome! Great food, great service, very casual and comfy, decent prices and zero lines because it was empty. Highly recommended.
Wendy R.
WendayRainbow
Patchogue, NY
Post #: 13
I went the th V-Spot earlier this year with my meat eating family. Both my parents enjoyed the food, I thought it was a little bland. I ordered the Jamaican Empanada. I had no idea what an empanada was and did not the texture and cooking of it. But it might be exactly an empanada is supposed to be like.
Michael
user 9534850
Hicksville, NY
Post #: 54
Foodswings fell off for a bit after Freedom, the original owner sold it, but now it is back in top from and their brunch is awesome

Champs has awesome breakfast and their hot cubano sandwich is great

S'nice in Park Slope has some of the best wraps and sandwiches EVER

V Spot is dirty and their staff is annoying

Wild Ginger downtown brooklyn is fantastic
Mackenzie
Durga
Bellport, NY
Post #: 2
I've gone to the V-Spot a few times, one being very recently after I protested the Ringling Brothers show at Barclays. Its convenient to go there because, hey its a vegan restaurant, and the food is decent, but it's too "fast foody" for me. After going to Candle 79 in the city which is my favoriteeeeee and the bestttttt (if you havent gone you MUST GO!!!), I compare everything to that, and that is high class and perfect. So i guess I've been spoiled haha But I remember Danny (i believe that's his name) donated empanadas to the veggie pride parade, and puts things on groupon and he really puts himself out there in the vegan community so i do support him. but yeah, now i'm rambling and maybeeeeee endorsing Candle 79 ;)