Vegan Long Island Message Board › stop eating those poor chickens

stop eating those poor chickens

Jennifer G.
user 6937947
Group Organizer
Bellport, NY
Post #: 376
It's been said that folks who want to decrease their contribution to suffering really should start with the small animals first.

This recent post over at the Compassionate Communities Campaign elaborates on that, presenting the argument that "If we see farm animals as individuals, and we want as many individuals as possible to be protected from cruelty, then we should focus first on getting the public to give up eating chickens."

http://ccc.farmsanctuary.org/bowling-without-blindfolds-how-we-can-knock-down-the-most-animal-suffering/­

When I encourage people to go meat-free, I find that "meat" sometimes gets misunderstood as "beef." People say to me, "Oh, I just eat chicken now."

I'm going to start saying to them, "Actually, the first thing you can do to help farm animals is to cut out chicken. And the good news is now you don't have to give up what you like about chicken—there's a product that's just like it, but plant-based. It fools people in blind taste tests."
Eddie S.
user 14006655
Coram, NY
Post #: 2
Fish really hurts me too- for every fish that someone consumes up to 24 other beings can be slaughtered due to modern commercial fishing techniques which indiscriminantly 'trawl' the ocean for all kinds of life, kills them all and keeps only the life that they can bring to market. Humans are emptying the oceans so quickly and inhumanely...