Vegan Long Island Message Board › When the "cover up" of good nutrition began in this country!

When the "cover up" of good nutrition began in this country!

Karen N.
user 33415772
Amityville, NY
Post #: 88
Somu A.
user 85502112
West Sayville, NY
Post #: 16
very interesting presentation but naive to think government has ever been a reliable source of facts. I recommend people get education in science, and learn from scientific source of information, not depend on government source. Also be able distinguish between true science, and propaganda make claim science. Trend for vegans to be anti-science is I find disturbing. I originally vegetarian as result of cultural values instilled in me when child, but I go vegan, and remain that way, as a result of learning, from nutrition science, that for all animal, depends on green plant the original source of energy and building materials. In 1977, that direct dependence on plants is not only possible, but also preferable, is result not of just a few "decades" of science, but at that time, already over 100 years of science.

Time line acquire knowledge of photosynthesis.

Government is aspect of culture. Change in culture tend to lag behind advancement in science. Change in government lag behind rest of culture. Western culture now value eat animal product. Change in culture is likely occur slowly, and change in government even more slowly.
Somu A.
user 85502112
West Sayville, NY
Post #: 17
In supermarket, there are signs near bags of dry beans, dal, saying "WIC recommended" or "WIC approved." No such sign near package of animal body parts. WIC is a US Dept of Agriculture program for improve nutrition in "Women, Infants, and Children." So government not always cover up, sometimes cover down.