Vegan Long Island Message Board › Bud Burdick's Fundly Campaign

Bud Burdick's Fundly Campaign

Eddie S.
user 14006655
Coram, NY
Post #: 1
Bud Burdick's Fundly Campaign -

This is my first time posting something here and I wish it wasn't such a grave topic- I thank all of you in advance for your kind understanding.

This concerns an acquaintence of mine that I have encountered at various vegan/animal rights events over the past year. His name is Bud Burdick and he has developed an aggresive form of Leukemia. Honestly his outlook is not very positive right now- but where there is life there is hope. Anything that this group can do will go a long way to easing the suffering of someone who has been dedicated to easing the suffering of others.

Bud has been a longtime vegan and has been a kindhearted animal rights advocate. He has been involved with the National Animal Rights Day for the last two years in Union Square among other things, and if folks here are able to help with the campaign to empower him financially to deal with his illness, here is the link:

http://fundly.com/bud...­

If anyone wants to attend a party in celebration of Bud- there will be a fundraiser in his honor on May 3rd on Bleeker Street in Manhattan- there is a map with directions on this page, and you can buy tickets in advance:

http://www.brownpaper...­

Comedy, vegan food, dancing, and all-around cruelty free fun for $15. All the proceeds go to help Bud fight Leukemia.

Thank you so much for your attention to this -
I want to stress to the members that there is no obligation- I do not want anyone to feel pressured in any way- I'm hoping that we just throw it out there for those who can and want to help.

Hope to see you at the next Meet Up!!!
Jennifer G.
user 6937947
Group Organizer
Bellport, NY
Post #: 387
Thank you for sharing this information, Eddie. I was so sorry to hear that Bud is not doing well, and I'm glad you've brought these opportunities to help to our attention.
Wendy R.
WendayRainbow
Port Jefferson Station, NY
Post #: 14
Hello. Your e-mail writes that the event is in Brooklyn, but when I clicked on the Brownpaper bag ticket thing it links to the "Yipee Museum" which is in Manhattan.
What's up with that?
Eddie S.
user 14006655
Coram, NY
Post #: 3
Wendy-

Thank you so much for pointing this out to the group and for taking your time to visit the links- the fund raiser is indeed in Manhattan. I hope that I see you there- let me know if you want to car pool- I live in Coram and will probably drive in- I have room for like 4 other people : )

Eddie S.
user 14006655
Coram, NY
Post #: 4
Just to let everyone know, Bud Burdick passed away on Sunday. Thanks to everyone who visited the Fundly site. The fundraiser is still on for Friday- but of course it will be a vegan celebration of his life, with vegan food, drinks, and music by vegan performers- and will be attended by fellow compassionate beings who knew Bud and who helped him make this world a better place!
Jennifer G.
user 6937947
Group Organizer
Bellport, NY
Post #: 390
Such sad news. I heard from Diane F, who saw Mickey Z's FB post. Thanks for posting this, Eddie.