addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Vegan Long Island Message Board › this is what progress looks like

this is what progress looks like

Jennifer G.
user 6937947
Group Organizer
Bellport, NY
Post #: 391
Hey all, this Associated Press article's headline, "Vegetarian Cooking Becoming More About the Vegetables, Less About the Agenda," may chafe somewhat for those of us who are motivated by an agenda... wink

But I regard articles like this as signs of progress.

Would I love for everyone to embrace a vegan identity? Yes, I would. But I recognize that not everyone is inclined to change their identity at the moment. (If ever.)

The good news is that vegan food, vegan recipes, vegan products are becoming more and more convenient. This increased availability is both a driver of, and driven by, the compassionate progress we are making in the world.

And we can expect that changes in behavior—i.e., people eating vegan meals —will be more widespread than changes in identity.

So when people are chowing down on some vegan fare even as they imply it's more enjoyable to be "agenda-free," don't worry about it. Smile.

And remember Zoe Weil's campfire metaphor.
Neil F.
user 56587942
East Islip, NY
Post #: 25
I got my sign of progress the other day when scouting out what I could eat while visiting my son when he begins at the University of North Texas next year (towards a doctorate ultimately.)

A Vegan Cafeteria whole and separate from the regular dining hall !! It's called Mean Greens (the UNT football team is called the Mean Green). They even have a video:

http://dining.unt.edu...­

I actually can't wait to eat there !!
Jennifer G.
user 6937947
Group Organizer
Bellport, NY
Post #: 392
Ah, I knew about the cafeteria but hadn't seen the video!
SHARED IT on fb just now.
Thank you, Neil!!
Ann M.
user 5008514
Syosset, NY
Post #: 18
Love the name and video! Hope this becomes a new trend at other college campuses!