addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Vegan Long Island Message Board › possible activism opportunity this weekend

possible activism opportunity this weekend

Jennifer G.
user 6937947
Group Organizer
Bellport, NY
Hi veganfolk--

This weekend, there's going to be a "Green Living Expo" held in the Sports/Exhibition Complex at the Brentwood Campus of Suffolk Community College.

Susan Pepper (Club Veg's Long Island Coordinator) is still waiting to hear if the Expo will give Club Veg a free table. But if the answer's yes, I've offered to go & table, using Club Veg literature (whatever Susan's going to give me tomorrow night).

I had a look around the website (http://www.greenlivin...­) and I didn't see anything on the speaker schedule or the exhibitor listings that would be encouraging people to eat less meat & animal product. I was appalled that a "Green Living Expo" would lack that message, given what we know from Livestock's Long Shadow, etc. about the diet-climate connection!

So I'm ready to table. Would any of you like to join me? I'm in Texas right now, will be back late tomorrow night. Email me if you're up for it, by noon tomorrow (Friday) if you can, and a phone number I can use tomorrow evening to call you while I'm traveling, in case we need to coordinate plans for Saturday, or Sunday, or both.

If this opportunity doesn't work out, no worries, I'm sure there will be more in the future.

Peace,
Jennifer