addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Vegan Baking and Cooking Message Board › Adopt A Turkey Program - only available until Thanksgiving!

Adopt A Turkey Program - only available until Thanksgiving!

Marni H.
marniphocles
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 193
Please help Vegan Baking and Cooking raise funds to adopt a turkey (or several if we can!) so that we can help spread Thanksgiving awareness of these amazing birds! We're helping Farm Sanctuary, and if we can raise enough funds, I'd like to get something in the paper about it before the holiday. People need to be aware that 46 million turkeys will be slaughtered this year for human consumption, and I want our group to help spread compassion instead of gravy!

I have activated the donations button on our website (main page - see "Adopt A Turkey Program" and click on the "$1.00 per person" link), and please use this for the turkey adoption program, but specify in the note section in PayPal that this is for the turkey adoption program at Farm Sancturary, because I need to track the donations. This button will only be up until Thanksgiving, so please hurry and get your donation in!

If you don't have a PayPal account, please sign up using the link provided, which will take you directly to PayPal. Please donate what you can - even $1 is great! Each turkey is $30 and a whole flock is $180, and you can find out more about the program here: http://www.adoptaturk...­.
It would be awesome if we could sponsor a whole flock! If you've already sponsored a turkey on your own, please comment on this meetup page and let everyone know!

Please note: donations cannot be returned.
Eva
user 8794960
North Olmsted, OH
Post #: 8
I donated :o) Thank you Marni for making it so easy for us. I meant to adopt a turkey before Thanksgiving but your e-mail was just a friendly reminder that I needed.
A former member
Post #: 499
Great idea, Marni! I donated for part of a turkey.

Remember, there’s no Thanksgiving deadline—anyone can still donate and help adopt! (And for that matter, I don’t see why a press release couldn’t happen just after Thanksgiving instead of before.)

P.S. Some friends of my parents had a sort of petting zoo and nobody but me would pet Pilgrim, the turkey. So he followed me around. I don’t think of most birds wanting to be pet, but clearly some turkeys are starved for affection!
Eva
user 8794960
North Olmsted, OH
Post #: 9
Oh, I want to pet Pilgrim