We’re harvesting and canning a bunch of wonderful tomatoes from our garden and Circle Fresh Farms, with hands-on guidance and support from our wonderful friends at Preserving Community!
For $35, you’ll enjoy:
- Introduction to water bath canning
- Organically-grown tomatoes from our garden and local farms
- Introduction to dehydrating and freezing
- Practical and low cost food preservation techniques
- Household nutrition and pantry planning
- Hands-on workshop
- Snacks and light lunch, featuring plenty of tomato recipes
This workshop is limited to 20 participants. Secure your spot by booking in advance on eventbrite at https://www.eventbrite.com/event/8060999667.
LAST MINUTE UPDATE!
We've decided on the recipes for tomorrow's canning workshop. In addition to crushed tomatoes with fresh basil from the garden, we'll also be cooking up tomato juice for all your plant-based recipes and cocktails. Snacks will include freshly dried tomatoes (just put some in the dehydrator!) with fresh cucumber slices, sun-dried tomato and basil cashew cheeses and mom's famous almond crackers. Then we'll have refried black beans, warm corn tortillas and calabasitas for lunch - with fresh squash, tomatoes and sweet corn from the garden sauteed up with onions and garlic. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.