Re: [DenverAndBeyondVeganMeetup] Article on veganism in Denver Post today

From: Kellie
Sent on: Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:48 PM
it doesnt really bother me..its been long enough that im used to it. its dumb but doesnt hurt my feelings.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 17, 2012, at 5:24 PM, hulya johnson <[address removed]> wrote:

It's really sad how vegans are often made fun of and accused of being ''extreme'' by non-vegans. Well, they got it all wrong, actually. It's flesh and secretion eating and contributing to any other unnecessary cruelty that's extreme. Eating delicious plant foods, like Nature intended, and not contributing to any unnecessary cruelty is just the right and normal thing to do.

So, vegans, don't get upset or discouraged if some meat eaters say mean things to you, and keep doing what you do, cause the voiceless need you all! Keep living your lives with compassion and respect for ALL living beings, and never stop fighting to end all that unnecessary cruelty and exploitation!

Proud to be a vegan! ♥


From: Hulya Johnson <[address removed]>
To: "[address removed]" <[address removed]>
Sent: Thursday, May 17,[masked]:54 PM
Subject: Re: [DenverAndBeyondVeganMeetup] Article on veganism in Denver Post today

Thank you Beth Ann!

Animals need us to be their Voice every oppurtunity as giving to us.We need to understand that
ignorance will prevail at the end..

Thank you again !!!

 Hulya


From: Ann S <[address removed]>
To: [address removed]
Sent: Thursday, May 17,[masked]:20 PM
Subject: Re: [DenverAndBeyondVeganMeetup] Article on veganism in Denver Post today

I love responding to people and I don't see it as arguing.  I see it as an open door of opportunity, that they open for me.  I gladly walk through with all I know and can find, in order to give the animals a bigger voice.  Other people are reading these, so it isn't about the jerks we are responding to.  We must put our feelings aside and not let them get to us.  I don't think of them as jerks, but rather defensive, ignorant people, because they want what they do, to be ok.  If they were actually comfortable with it, they wouldn't say anything at all.  They need reasons to change, beyond their social stigma and brainwashing.  They don't know what they don't know and I'm happy to educate them.  They don't even have to concede, because I know they are thinking, even when they don't say so.  When we keep quiet or ignore them, they feel correct, which that aren't.  Besides that, others need us to respond.  Also, when they get us upset, they win.  I'm not one to let someone who is wrong and harming my animal friends, win anything.  It's takes a bit of practice to feel calm, but knowing where they are coming from and seeing their silly comments as an open door to spread compassion and facts, makes it easy.  We don't have to allow them get to us, but we must never keep quiet.  The animals need us to walk through every door, take every opportunity, and make opportunities.

Great job, Beth Ann!!!!

Ann

 VEGFEST COLORADO 2012
7 & 8 July 2012! See you there!

Follow VegFest Colorado on Twitter:

Think of me tonight, for that which you savor. 
Did it give you something real, or could you taste the pain of my death in its flavor?
    ~Wayne K. Tolson "Food Forethought"

~ Animals have their own voices, but few listen.  
   Those of us who hear them, must help them to be heard. ~

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." –Elie Wiesel

 
Get involved!  The World is run by people who show up.  ~Unknown

On May 16, 2012, at 11:08 PM, Beth Ann Senderak <[address removed]> wrote:

Thanks! I love posting more comments Alexis! It just exposes all my good points that much more! I am loving this!

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Liz <[address removed]> wrote:
Hi Beth Ann,

I am excited that veganism is going mainstream! I read the comments too, and can see why you'd be frustrated, none of the "carnivores" commenting know anything about nutrition. They've been duped like we all once were, and by what? By the food pyramid that is paid for by the dairy industry that we learned and were forced to memorize in grade school. How painful to admit our teachers were wrong, but they were. We, along with you and your family are the lucky ones, we know the truth. Our job is to be the light for those around us. The truth will come to light, and then you can be proud of the fact that you are truly a pioneer.

I loved the article!

Liz

From: Alexis Ulrich <[address removed]>
Sender: [address removed]
Date: Thu, 17 May[masked]:31:01 -0400
To: <[address removed]>
ReplyTo: [address removed]
Subject: Re: [DenverAndBeyondVeganMeetup] Article on veganism in Denver Post today

Beth Ann - I wouldn't spend any of your valuable time trying to convince the crazies. I'm sure your arguments are valid and informative and will educate those who don't know about veganism. But I don't think you should even acknowledge those rude people with a response, because no matter what you say they will constantly want to argue because its the internet. I'm glad you're not upset - I can't read comments anymore because it puts me in a bad mood. Great story, and very cute picture! Even though there are ignorant people out there, I'm sure there are tons of people you have reached who had not even thought about veganism before. You rock!
 
Alexis

From: Beth Ann Senderak <[address removed]>
To: [address removed]
Sent: Wednesday, May 16,[masked]:24 PM
Subject: Re: [DenverAndBeyondVeganMeetup] Article on veganism in Denver Post today

Thank you so much! I have been busy writing replies to the silly folks that are bashing us! I am not upset by them at all, it just gives me a chance to say even more!

BA


On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Doug <[address removed]> wrote:
Great article. It almost seemed like UCDenver was actually on our side and trying to post stuff so stupid that it made the meat eaters look bad. It was really noticeable that all the pro vegan comments were mature and well thought out, while the anti vegan comments were childish and immature.


On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Willow S. <[address removed]> wrote:
Great photo and article, Beth Ann!
You made veganism seem like such a natural choice.  Ignore the comments-they are designed to bring you down and others up.
Enjoy your day
On May 16,[masked]:07 PM, "Julie" <

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy