"Vegan Life Colorado" Our MeetUp Message Board Recipes! Plant-based/Vegan › Simply Heavenly - the Monastery Vegetarian Cookbook

Simply Heavenly - the Monastery Vegetarian Cookbook

Sean L.
user 4366775
Denver, CO
Post #: 10
I've tried making a few things from here. Anyone else have this and have any favorites in here to recommend?

I tried out making the UnHam last night - didn't turn out too bad, although I think I had the oven too high initially for the method I used (method with vital wheat gluten). I only made the UnHam by itself, not combined with other things.
Ann S.
vegann
Morrison, CO
Post #: 439
Thank you for posting this, Sean! I have had that cookbook for many years and it's been a few years since I've used it. My favorite recipe is the split pea soup. I substitute chopped carrots for the bell pepper and I use imagine organic not chicken broth. Where did you find a copy of the book? It's pretty old.
Sean L.
user 4366775
Denver, CO
Post #: 11
Thank you for posting this, Sean! I have had that cookbook for many years and it's been a few years since I've used it. My favorite recipe is the split pea soup. I substitute chopped carrots for the bell pepper and I use imagine organic not chicken broth. Where did you find a copy of the book? It's pretty old.

I bought it about 2 years ago via Amazon. I think it was a marketplace purchase, though, and not actually "new", but it was in really great condition.

If any other good recipes from there come to mind, let me know.