"Vegan Life Colorado" Our MeetUp Message Board Recipes! Plant-based/Vegan › Peanut butter fudge truffles: from John Pierre's seminar

Peanut butter fudge truffles: from John Pierre's seminar

Beth Ann S.
user 13116534
Denver, CO
Post #: 4
I had many inquiries, and I can't remember now who really wanted this recipe, so I am sending it to everyone! This recipe can also be found in Chef AJ's book Unprocessed. Here is a link to her website too: http://www.eatunproce...­

Date paste:

1 pound of pitted medjool organic dates
Enough warm water to soak the dates in

Soak the dates for about a half hour and then use a food processor or blender such as a Vitamix and blend/process the dates with 1/2 cup of reserved water from the soaked dates.

Chocolate Fundue: inside part of the truffles

1 cup peanut butter (no salt or sugar, I make my own by just putting organic peanuts in the Vitamix)
1 cup date paste
1/2 cup raw organic cacao powder
3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk, I use organic almond milk
1 tbsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. caramel extract (optional)

Place all ingredients in a food processor fitted with the "s" blade and process until ingredients are incorporated, scraping down the sides if necessary. If you want to, you can slowly add the milk a little at a time to get whatever consistency you want, adding a little more or less, but I found that 3/4 cups worked well. Chill to get a firmer texture for rolling into balls. Or you can serve as is to use as a dip for fruits or whatever you would like.

Peanut butter fudge truffles

1 batch of Chocolate Fundue
Chopped unsalted peanuts

Prepare fundue and place in a glass bowl and chill until firm. Spoon fundue and roll into balls, and then roll in chopped peanuts. Freeze/refrigerate until firm.