"Vegan Life Colorado" Our MeetUp Message Board Vegan Life Discussions and Events messages › It's a "Virtual" MeetUp, Celebrating Over 1000 Members!

It's a "Virtual" MeetUp, Celebrating Over 1000 Members!

JL F.
user 25105732
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 70
THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED, BUT FEEL FREE TO ADD COMMENTS
ABOUT WHY YOU JOINED THE COMMUNITY AND/OR
MAKE SUGGESTIONS FOR FUN ACTIVITIES
YOU ARE INTERESTED IN!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow! This Meetup now has over 1000 members! What a thrill!

Major congratulations (and a hearty thanks) to Ann and Peter, with the help, love, and support of our wonderful organizing team, for building such a vibrant community!

To celebrate we are offering a fun giveaway via this "virtual" event. All you have to do, between now and May 26, is leave ONE comment here about why you joined this Meetup or make a suggestion for a future Meetup event.

By leaving a comment you will be entered to win a $25 gift certificate to Beet Box Cafe and Bakery in Denver!

Thank you for being a part of this compassionate community!

OUR 1000 Member Celebration WINNER, ALEECE!!

Deborah D.
user 33762422
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
I joined to meet more vegans because I was a lonly-ish vegan and WOW, I have met more vegans, and found more kind and caring people than I ever could have imagined.
Mukesh P.
user 7982876
Littleton, CO
Been a vegan for over a decade, and was quite happy to see vegan meetup groups show up! So far, been a "lurker" and been using the meetup group as a source of useful info. Interested in joining actual meetups, just haven't gotten around to it yet!

Would be interested in vegan family events, e.g. a weekend daytime vegan picnic etc. Are there many other vegan families out there?
Amy
animalfriend
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
I joined this group to meet like minded individuals and to spend time with people who care about animals as much as I do.
Greg L.
user 3180367
Denver, CO
Joining this vibrant community has been a highlight of my Vegan adventure. Great learnings, great food and great friends! Congratulations for hitting the 1000+ mark.
Roberta
user 10542297
Wheat Ridge, CO
Post #: 21
Meeting Ann and Peter has been wonderful. I have learned a lot from this vegan group and continue to learn every day. Let's keep this group growing by educating others towards a cruelty free lifestyle.
Kim
user 13156829
Littleton, CO
Post #: 9
I joined the group to meet other like-minded individuals, and share some good food and conversation.
A former member
Post #: 2
I joined this meetup because I LOVE anmals and wanted to meet others that care about animals as much as I do.
Aleece
user 7553464
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
I still remember my first potluck! So nervous... It's hard to believe how long it's been and how much fun I still have meeting new friends and seeing old friends again.

Before this group, I had only met 1 vegan in my life - a blind "date" arranged by my friend Kristi, because it was so rare. It was nice to share a conversation with someone who understood both the challenges and rewards that come with a plant-based lifestyle and to share some tips and tricks with each other.

That was only a few years ago. Now I have surrounded myself with so many vegans that it feels "normal". I get to experience wonderful events with wonderful people on a regular basis. Thank you all, and especially Ann & Peter, for enabling that to happen for me and for so many others. :-)

Aleece
Janie
user 10091936
Englewood, CO
When my husband and I decided to go vegan a couple years ago, I hopped on MeetUp to find other vegans we could get to know. Eating is such a social experience and I knew it was important to meet others who ate like we did. I was so excited to find this group. We attended a movie night at Dr. Connie's, met lots of nice people and enjoyed some amazing food. We don't get to attend events as often as we'd like with our busy lives, but we jump at every chance to hang out with this bunch! Thank you Ann and Peter and all the other wonderful organizers for creating such a fun, caring and compassionate group. Looking forward to more fun MeetUps!