Vegan Santa Barbara Meetup Message Board › Greetings Vegan Meetup Members!

Greetings Vegan Meetup Members!

Hilary K.
user 3316208
Santa Barbara, CA
Hello Everyone,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Hilary Kleger and I have agreed to step up and become the new organizer for the Vegan Meetup. I want to thank everyone who has participated in Meetups and especially Carrie LeBlanc for starting the group up and Melissa Costello for continuing the group as well as co-organizers Carolyn Mullin and Cheryl Lynne Walker. I haven’t been very active with the group but really want to see it continue as I believe there is a lot of potential for community building, awareness, and education about vegan foods/preparation and lifestyle as well as fun times to be had by all.

This group is an opportunity for people in the community to come together and support each other in our vegan journey. Additionally, it is a place to meet new people and enjoy learning from each other and sharing experiences. I hope that we can all continue with the spirit of the Vegan Meetup and create and participate in a variety of events and gatherings from vegan potlucks to educational films.

You don’t have to be completely vegan to join the group. Many people join because they are vegetarian and hoping to transition to vegan or are transitioning and need more support and ideas. However, all activities of this particular Meetup will be vegan. No one will be asking what is in your refrigerator at home, but with respect to this group and the members, please bring plant-based food and drink items to the events.

The group is only as successful as the participation and like I said – I haven’t been that active in the past – but I am going to step up and I hope you will too. Everyone’s ideas are welcome and I look forward to growing this Vegan Meetup group with you.

Please start thinking about ideas for events and consider hosting a potluck or other gathering. We are always in need of locations to host events – particularly during the winter when we are not able to be outside due to weather and lack of natural light at night. I would love a location for a vegan sweet treats event in February…

Our next meet up is a Vegan Drinks event this Thursday January 24th, 6-8pm at Adama. I hope you can come and create community and we can meet each other and start planning other events. Of course – there are non-alcoholic options as well as their delicious vegan food. I hope to see you there.

Please contact me with any questions or ideas!

Best,

Hilary Kleger