Vegetarians of Central Florida Message Board › The new vegetarians are in it for their health

The new vegetarians are in it for their health

Govindas O.
user 68705622
Orlando, FL
Post #: 8

Shirlene S.
user 11526737
Apopka, FL
Post #: 13
Not sure what this is about, but I have had friends who tried veg diet for health, and did not stay with it. I believe that, once one has looked at some pics, watched some videos, read a book like Animal Liberation, one is less likely to turn back. Oddly, it does seem harder to make such a big change for health purposes, and diet is so personal and ingrained, not to mention, "What do we eat now??" When I smoked cigs, it did not bother me to look at photos of cancerous lungs while I puffed away. When I learned about the vivisection done by the tobacco companies, I was horrified! THAT made me want to quit! (Didn't happen right away due to the addiction.) For some people maybe thier choices are not so much about how it negatively effects them, but when it harms others (including the planet), that is the motivator. Thoughts???