Vegetarians of Central Florida Message Board › Cannot attend

Cannot attend

A former member
I am not sure who will check this before 7 pm but I was posting to let you guys no I found out my grandmother had a heart attack last night and am going directly to see her from work today and will be unable to attend. I would really like to hear what was discussed as this was going to be my first meetup and am unaware of what they consist of. Hope everything goes great and that I will be able to meet everyone next month!
Sincerely,
Jen Nelson
A former member
hey guys, i wont be able to attend either im sorry, have to go into work. wish there was more than only once a month to try and meet up. never seems to be the right day! hope i can meet you guys at some point.

tara
A former member
Hey. Six people showed up tonight, although not all of the attendees were the same six who RSVPd. This was my first meetup in nearly a year, and it was much like the previous events. That is to say, once the ice was broken and the awkward silence gave way to relaxed conversation, we all seemed to enjoy ourselves (at least I did). Among the topics that came up: organic food, milk substitutes, vegetarian/vegan restaurants, Jamaica, punk rock, our personal becoming-a-veggie stories, religion, cooking, manufacturer's logos, sugar, and the yummy food that we were eating (and sharing). I will attend more meetups, as time allows...

Tom (Delvarner)
inthedistance@yahoo.com