addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Vegetarians of Central Florida Message Board › Pets and vegetarian diets

Pets and vegetarian diets

A former member
Post #: 105
Is anyone else feeding their pets vegan or vegetarian diets? Both of our cats are sick so I'm in process of switching them to homemade food with supplements. Just wondering if anyone else is feeding their pets a vegetarian diet and your experiences with it.
Shirlene S.
user 11526737
Apopka, FL
Post #: 6
I would not try feeding cats a veg diet. There is (or was?) a vegetarian dog food on the market, and they used to have a booth at veg fest. Haven't noticed them there for the past two years, though. But I've never seen a veg prepared food for cats, and I recall reading that cats need the fats from meat. If you want to ramp up your cat's diet, try adding some nutritional yeast to their canned food. They will love it (after they decide you are NOT trying to poison them!), and it's packed with B vitamins and other good things. If you don't already use nutritional yeast, you can use it in your food too. It's delicious!
Shirlene S.
user 11526737
Apopka, FL
Post #: 7
Oh, by the way, I hope your cats feel better soon. What seems to be the problem?
Francisco
user 113391892
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 2
Is anyone else feeding their pets vegan or vegetarian diets? Both of our cats are sick so I'm in process of switching them to homemade food with supplements. Just wondering if anyone else is feeding their pets a vegetarian diet and your experiences with it.
All animals can be slowly transitioned into a 100% alkaline raw vegan diet, Even panthers, Lions, Dogs and cats!
Shirlene S.
user 11526737
Apopka, FL
Post #: 11
I do recall reading on Yahoo, not so long ago, that there is a vegetarian lion - somewhere. Kool!
Francisco
user 113391892
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 3
San Diego zoo