Vegetarians of Central Florida Message Board › VegCF mentoring program

VegCF mentoring program

Jessi
jessivanpelt
Orlando, FL
The VegCF vegan/vegetarian mentoring program is ready to begin! If you need help in becoming/staying vegan or vegetarian, help is available! Fill out the survey, and I will assign you a mentor. (There are about 15 mentors available.) Then we will meet once a month as a group of mentees/mentors for 3-4 months, most likely on the Whole Foods Winter Park patio. (We will begin a new round of mentoring after 4 months.) You will also be able to talk with your mentor by phone, email and/or in person as needed for support and to ask questions. Any questions about the program, please email jessi@vegcf.org.
Peace, Jessi
Shirlene S.
user 11526737
Apopka, FL
Post #: 4
How is this working out, Jessi? I wouldn't mind being a mentor for someone closer to me. Whole Foods WNPK is a bit far away from Apopka.
Francisco
user 113391892
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 1
Great idea!
Dawn M.
DMurphy42
Orlando, FL
Post #: 16
I'd be happy to be a mentor for someone if you have a need for more volunteers. I've been vegan (and mostly raw) for about 5 years, and vegetarian for many years prior. Just let me know. I'm in the Winter Park/Colonial Town area.
Richard P.
user 12293516
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 1
I never heard anything else about this. I volunteered to be a mentor. I have 10 cookbooks that you might find useful even if you do not need me to work on it now.

<Richard>

The VegCF vegan/vegetarian mentoring program is ready to begin! If you need help in becoming/staying vegan or vegetarian, help is available! Fill out the survey, and I will assign you a mentor. (There are about 15 mentors available.) Then we will meet once a month as a group of mentees/mentors for 3-4 months, most likely on the Whole Foods Winter Park patio. (We will begin a new round of mentoring after 4 months.) You will also be able to talk with your mentor by phone, email and/or in person as needed for support and to ask questions. Any questions about the program, please email jessi@vegcf.org.
Peace, Jessi

Shirlene S.
user 11526737
Apopka, FL
Post #: 9
Jessie, is there some way of making this program more visible? If people don't read the message board, they wouldn't know about it. Maybe some sort of announcement at the Thanksgiving Feast, or on that page? I'd really love to mentor someone up here in megalopolis Apopka!
Shirlene S.
user 11526737
Apopka, FL
Post #: 10
Oh! Oh! I know! You know, Hoover's has a little news leaflet, maybe you could get them to put a brief informational about this in there???? I don't know if Chamberlin's and Whole Foods has anything like that....