MUST REGISTER AT vlab.org
What happens when we add the power of Social/Mobile and always-on personal devices to the evolving health markets. Peer pressure (social reinforcement) and data tracking have significantly contributed to the success of the $11B self improvement and $55B weight loss markets. Legacy business such as Weight Watchers have relied on snippets of painstakingly input data. How will the game be changed when personal data goes from a drop in the bucket to an ocean? Large companies, as well as, garage hackers are leveraging smaller, cheaper sensors and powerful mobile devices are accelerating the virtuous circle of goal setting, data collection, analysis and social motivation necessary to stimulate lasting and steady gains in health, sports performance or other areas of self evolution. What new perspectives do start ups provide using sensors and on-line services, to disrupt and support the incumbents in self evolution and health? And, what is needed for break-out success?
- What new opportunities will exist in widespread tracking?
- How are companies using social motivation to encourage consistent engagement and long term participation?
- Will a start-up create virality to accelerate growth, become a category killer?
- What are the challenges of collecting and applying meaningful data?
- What incentives are effective to encourage adoption outside of tracker enthusiasts and early adopters?
- Can a single service offering survive or will those aggregating multiple data streams dominate?
- Can these services grow on an ad-based model or is subscription inevitable?
- Gary Wolf, Co-Founder, The Quantified Self & Editor, Wired Magazine
Rick Lee, CEO of Healthrageous
Mark S. Gainey, Co-Founder Strava, Inc
- Leslie Ziegler: Creative Director, Rock Health
- Greg LeMond, Three-Time Winner of the Tour de France
This event will sell out! Get tickets early. For more information click here or click here to register
$50 Last minute starting on Friday before event week
DISCLAIMER: Please note that RSVP in Meetup does NOT register you for the event. Please purchase your ticket(s) at http://www.vlab.org/store.html?event_id=438
VLAB Private Social Network for this event available now! (powered by Presdo Match)
See Who's Attending > Exchange Messages...Schedule times to meet one-on-one at the event
Created by the creators of LinkedIn, Presdo Match is an innovative networking service, event networking 2.0. Meet the attendees easily and securely...entrepreneurs, investors and industry experts