Veteran Entrepreneurs Message Board › HELP NEEDED to save the Veteran + Community Media Center in SF

HELP NEEDED to save the Veteran + Community Media Center in SF

Nick F.
Hi Veterans,
Ellison and I need your help. We are working hard to try and save the current Veterans + Community Media Center location at 1720 Market St. It is a former media broadcasting station, that will soon be demolished and turned into retail shops, if we can’t find support for our non-profit.
The mission of the non-profit is to be a collaborative resource for local veteran and community organizations to call home, as well as be an digital media & technology skills job training program for military veterans.
With current support from Bevan Dufty of the San Francisco City Administration, and support from multiple City Directors and Mayor Ed Lee, we have SF on our side.
Even so, to make this a reality, we need support from technology companies that are committed to supporting their military veteran employees and the broader veteran community.
I’m asking for IMMEDIATE HELP in connecting with tech companies you believe will support this cause. It would directly impact their hiring pipeline with low-cost training programs, show philanthropic support for an underserved community, as well as, bring positive PR to those companies. Most importantly, it will help veterans have a better chance at finding a real job once they’ve left the military.
Please, please, please support this, as you all are veterans in tech, and should see the value of bringing together our community and helping train them to be employable in the technology industry.
Reach out to me or Ellison if you’d like to help.
Thanks for your support!