Victoria, BC
Post #: 2
Do any local businesses accept bitcoin?
Dylan P.
antidigerati
Group Organizer
Victoria, BC
Yes, there are currently two merchants that accept bitcoin in Victoria.

Cabin 12
A great little cafe/restaurant on Cedar Hill Road near the Cedar Hill Rec Centre.
I frequent this place often and pay with bitcoin.

Hemp and Company
A classy clothing store down on Government Street with a second store in Vic West.
I played a part in getting H&C to accept bitcoin and have successfully made BTC purchases.

I've approached a few other businesses as well, but so far nobody else has taken the plunge.
I'll create a sub-page for the group keeping a (hopefully growing) list of local businesses that accept BTC.

Let me know if you know of any others!
Brent P.
user 79875032
Victoria, BC
I am trying to get Fan Tan Cafe to accept it. They are located in China town. I need to learn how to use bitpay first so I can show the owner.
Dylan P.
antidigerati
Group Organizer
Victoria, BC
Post #: 3
I am trying to get Fan Tan Cafe to accept it. They are located in China town. I need to learn how to use bitpay first so I can show the owner.
That's great, Brent. Once they create a free merchant account on BitPay they can link to a simple checkout page like this one of mine: https://bitpay.com/m/...­

You can show them that if you want. To check someone out they would just bring their own version of that link up and then fill in the details and click the bitcoin button. Bitpay will take care of generating the QR code, creating the new address and depositing the new funds once received.

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help in some way.
Dylan P.
antidigerati
Group Organizer
Victoria, BC
Post #: 4
I've started a separate page on this site I'll update with any local businesses that accept bitcoin.
http://www.meetup.com...­