Okay, it’s not exactly Cinco de Mayo, but that won’t stop us from having a taco-fest on 2 wheels!
Come and join us on a 18km ride featuring some of Victoria’s finest taquerias (i.e.: taco joints) and also learn some history on Spanish exploration of B.C. along with the history of Cinco de Mayo celebrations in the U.S. and Mexico. Our route will include Rica Salsa in Cook Street Village, Taco Justice League in North Park, and Cafe Mexi-go in Market Square.
The ride will start at 11:00 AM at Café Fantastico in Dockside Green (where the Goose meets Harbour Road). Please note the later start. Please note the following logistical rules for this ride:
• Due to anticipated demand, the ride will be limited to members of the VCAC only. Join the VCAC at VCAC.net before you RSVP to this ride.
• Ridership is capped at 24 participants.
• We have pre-ordered an assortment of tacos for each location to keep ordering simplified and prices reasonable.
• Vegetarian tacos will be available.
• Cost is $10 for 3 tacos, one at each location. Cost also includes the $1 ride administration fee and $1 gratuity for the wait staff. Payment shall be made upon ride registration.
• When possible, we will be eating our tacos at a nearby location away from the restaurant.
• Extras are to be purchased separately and at regular menu prices. Suggest you bring water to quench the heat!
Tacos available at each location:
Rica Salsa: Beef, Chicken, Pork, Vegetarian (all soft shell)
TJL: Pork, Tuna, Deep-fried avocado (all soft shell)
Cafe Mexi-go: Beef, Chicken, Pork, Vegetarian (all crispy shell)
On a lighter note, you can wear Mexican or Spanish gear when you’re riding! Just don’t forget your helmet.
PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY SO THAT WE CAN GET EVERYONE REGISTERED AND LEAVE ON TIME PROMPTLY AT 11. ORGANIZERS WILL BE AT CAFE FANTASTICO FROM 10:30 ON. GRAB A COFFEE, REGISTER AND THEN SOCIALIZE!
Meetup.com sending you too many emails? (Click for instructions to turn them off)
CHANGE TO PROCEDURES! Victoria Cycling Adventures Club (VCAC) has been created as an umbrella society for this meetup group in order that we be able to provide you with ride insurance. You are covered by this insurance on your first ride with us, but for subsequent rides, you must join the VCAC. The annual fee is $5, payable at your next ride. Visit the new VCAC website to find out all about it and to become a member: VCAC.net
Standard Stuff. PLEASE VISIT THE LINKS!
Before attending a ride with Victoria Cycling Adventures please complete the general Cycling Safety Quiz and the Meetup Procedures Quiz.
By attending this ride, I declare that I have read, understood and agree to the contents of Victoria Cycling Adventures Waiver. If this is your first ride with us, please print, sign and bring with you a copy of the Waiver.
In case of bad weather, we will reschedule this ride and substitute an Embrace The Rain Ride in its place. Hey - we live in a rain forest, its gonna rain! Let's learn to enjoy it. This will be a short ride in town with a stop to warm up and dry out.