Victoria Swiss Society or VSS of Victoria, BC, Canada
"The VSS purpose is to promote the culture & heritage of Switzerland, and social & personal contact among members of the Society and welcome anybody who has a connection and/or Swiss roots, and anybody else who is genuinely interested in learning more about Switzerland and Swiss people."
List of our VSS regular meetings & events planned for 2015:
· January 23: VSS-Membership Meeting & Sing-Along
· February 26: VSS-Annual Member Dinner at the 'Bistro Suisse', Sidney
· March 28: Norwegians invite to Bingo-Night at 'Norway House'
· April (TBA): VSS-Annual Nature Hike
· May 20: Joint Swedish/Swiss Folk Music Night with Food
· May 23: Annual ‘Jass’ Tournament
· June 21: Swedes invite to Country BBQ & Bocce Games at Beaver Lake Park
· July 1: Canada Day Parade participation in Sidney
· July 15: VSS-Annual 'Mini Cruise' with BC-Ferries
· Aug 8: 'August 1st' Swiss National Day Celebration
· September 12: Swedes invite to Meatball & Seafood Dinner at 'Norway House'
· October 15: VSS-Annual Swiss Raclette & Dessert Evening at 'Norway House'
· November 13: VSS-Elections & Games Night
· December 5: 'Swiss Sami-Chlaus' & Christmas Dinner Party
Also regular / ongoing events:
· Monthly: ‘Jass’ Evening (second Thursday of month, not in summer months)
· Monthly: VSS-Ladies Luncheon (every third Wednesday)
· Regular: Hikes & other outings
If you would like to know more about the VSS and/or our events feel free to email Ric (Ulrich) Fischer, VSS-President at:
UlrichFischer@shaw.ca or give him a call at: 250-472-1850