Victoria Creative Writing Group Message Board › Bits and Pieces

Bits and Pieces

Anabelle Bernard F...
user 20569001
Victoria, BC
Post #: 2
I mentioned this last night, but if you weren't there, here's a little idea I had.

Since I'm actually not writing any novel, I don't feel like I belong in a novel critique group. HOWEVER, I am writing little scenes from writing prompts daily, and I'd love a forum to share these scenes and brainstorm ways to develop them into full stories or novel ideas.

You can use whatever writing prompts you like--I receive mine from sarahselecky.com. Bring about 7-10 of your scenes from the month to share with others.

Our critiques will be reaction-based, and we will focus on things that intrigue or interest readers. We will brainstorm ideas to expand one or two scenes per person. What we want here is to help beginning writers to find ways to develop story ideas, characters and themes from shorts bits and pieces.

If there is enough interest, I will host the group beginning in April during critique night.