align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Victoria Creative Writing Group Message Board › More Creativity tips

More Creativity tips

Tristan
user 85949372
Victoria, BC
Post #: 5
More creativity tips generated from great minds via the fabulous Maria Popova and more on that vein here
Nathan L.
user 75009672
Victoria, BC
Post #: 3
I just found this great article on the Huffington Post with 10 tips on how to get your creative juices flowing - which I interpret as how to get over writers block and keep writing! The ones that really work for me are:
- Music, especially new bands that I find on GrooveShark and Vevo
- Going on walks/bike rides to different places. Cattle Point and Gonzales Beach have saved me from the depths of writers block more then once.
- Sleep. I have a pad of paper beside my bed that I use to jot down ideas. Last night, for instance, I worked through a transition between two important scenes in the book I'm currently writing.

http://www.huffington...­