addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Victoria Creative Writing Group Message Board › Charity event you might be interested in

Charity event you might be interested in

Anabelle Bernard F...
user 20569001
Victoria, BC
Post #: 5
I don't want to bother everyone during the meeting, but some of you may have heard me talk about Twestival. It's a charity even that uses the power of social media for social good.

This year the charity is the Cridge Centre for the Family--if you don't know about it, it's Victoria's oldest charities and definitely one of the largest in town. The funds are hopefully going to go towards a used van for their Transition House for Women. The blog (that I write) has all the information about where and how the money is going to be used.

So here I am, asking for 3 different things:

• If you or someone you know has a business who would like to sponsor (either with cash or in kind through a swag bag goodie, door prize or silent auction item), please share. The more we have the more attractive it is for people to buy tickets.
  • PLEASE COME! Buy a ticket. $25 for regular entry and $40 for twag bag entry. The items in the twag bag more than make up for the price of the ticket. You can buy a ticket from the website linked above.
  • VOLUNTEER IF YOU CAN. We're looking for people to man the greeting table, the photo booth, to hand door prize tickets and photographers. We ask volunteers to please buy their own tickets--everyone in the organizing committee is.

Also, did I mention that this is going to happen at the Bengal Lounge? They basically close it for the event. You need to buy your own food and drinks during the event, but I hear of a poutine bar and a chocolate fountain... last time everyone was amazed by the quality of the food. It's really worth it.

So, here's my spiel. victoria.twestival.com is the address, and you can also follow on Facebook (search for Twestival Victoria) and we're also on Twitter at @yyjtwestival.

Please comment if you have any questions or contact me directly!