Victoria Creative Writing Group Message Board › Please join me at Twestival

Please join me at Twestival

Anabelle Bernard F...
user 20569001
Victoria, BC
Hi everyone,
I'm sorry for using the mailing list for such a purpose, but it's for a great cause, so I'm willing to risk the ire of the members! (And I hope you'll forgive me.)
As some of you may know I am a member of the organizing committee for the 2013 Victoria Twestival. Twestival uses the power of social media for a great cause--in our case, the Cridge Centre for the Family Transition House for Women.
We're having a fundraising event on Tuesday September 24 (so NOT on writing group night, yay!) at the Bengal Lounge (another yay, because the food is going to be AMAZING). I would like to invite you to buy a ticket for the event, make a donation if you can't attend, or even provide a sponsorship in the form of a swag bag item ($25 value or thereabouts), a door prize ($75 value) or a silent auction item ($80+). If you own a business or know someone who does, please consider donating items or even becoming a sponsor. You can read all about the sponsorship packages here.
I make a weekly update on the prizes that will be available; as of today, we have a lot of items already, and more coming every week. Learn about them here.
You can buy tickets for the event here.
The event will be a great opportunity to network with influential Victoria community members (including business owners).
Again, I apologize if this is spamming you--it's just a great cause that I believe in and have been working all summer for. Let's show the world that social media can do good!
Hope to see you there!

Anabelle
Anabelle Bernard F...
user 20569001
Victoria, BC
Post #: 6
Just a note that I didn't get any personal emails from this unless you replied to me--your privacy is safe. I have removed myself from the organizers.