Come and join us for our 100th meetup!! This event will be similar to the last, a casual meet and drink with a dinner option afterwards, only on a Tuesday for this month.
Moving west we come to Clerkenwell where a number of vietnamese restaurants and cafes have set up shop in the last couple of years.
The meet location is the Yorkshire Grey Pub right on the corner of Clerkenwell Road and Gray Inn's Road, WC1X 8PN. If you exit at Chancery Lane station, walk north along Gray Inn's Road to the next intersection and when you cross the street, you're there.
It is also accessible via Farringdon or Holborn underground stations on the Northern or Central lines.
For those who wish to dine afterwards, we will aim for Banh Mi Bay (refer below) next door around 8:30pm. Although this will be contingent on obtaining a booking. Consequently, numbers will need to limited to 8 - 10, so for those interested, please reply along with your RSVP by Friday 18th 12pm.
For the rest, feel free to stay and socialise at the drinks location.
See you there!
As an aside, here's a little tour of the area:
• Banh Mi Bay: 4 - 6 Theoblads Road, Holborn. WC1X 9PN. Casual dining cafe that has some good reviews on the grapevine. It presents a pleasant interior and allows some medium sized group bookings. Closes 9:45pm weekdays.
• Cafe VN: 144 Clerkenwell Road, EC1R 5DP. Cafe with colourful signage and a decorative interior. Closes 10pm weekdays.
• Pho, Clerkenwell branch: 86 St John St, EC1M 4EH. A Vietnamese chain with around 8 branches across London offering restauranting services. No reservations possible. First come, first served.
• Banh Mi Saigon: 69 Long Lane, EC1A 9EJ. Small place catering for takeaway lunches. Only open for lunch.
• Banh Mi 11: 17 Elm Street, WC1X 0BQ. Another place only ever open for lunch on a weekday.
• Bounce: 121 Holborn, EC1N 2TD. Not Vietnamese and not food, just interesting. It is a large bar with more than a dozen ping pong tables. Quite a pleasant atmosphere for the active among you. I would have loved to have a meet here if it wasn't so unpredictably busy and loud inside.