The ever popular Seven Sisters walk to get that summer outdoors fix. Part of the South Downs Way in Sussex, this walk takes you along the chalk cliffs spanning from near the town of Seaford to Beachy Head near Eastbourne with stunning camera views.
If there are at least 4 people altogether and the weather is not raining, this hike will go ahead on the day.
Also possible is, if people can drive, we can meet you there.
8:30am: Meet at Victoria station and but train tickets to Seaford, groups of 4 can acquire GroupSave tickets, so first come, first group.
9:17am: Train to Seaford
10:46am: Arrive Seaford. Buy food/drinks at supermarket and toilet stop before hike. Depending on weather we may do a picnic near Exceat.
1 - 2 hours: Arrive Exceat: picnic lunch on the cliff or at the pub (toilet stop)
1 - 2 hours: Arrive Birling Gap, rest stop with toilet facilities
1 hour: Beachy Head: rest at pub on top of the bluff
Optional: afterwards, continue walking into Eastbourne for another hour or so
Once at Birling Gap, the 13X bus runs along the trail somewhat. This will be our ride back to Seaford for the train trip back.
Arrival in London will be between 7pm - 9pm depending on times.
Train: £20 - 26.20 return, depending on discounts / timing
Food/Drinks: However much to eat/drink
- Wear comfortable, breathable clothing and footwear
- Bring a light day pack with at least 1L bottle of water
- Bring sunscreen and sunglasses
- I'll give you this warning in the day too ... Do not venture too close to the cliff edge.
- Should on the day before, the weather is forecast as rain on the BBC/MET Office website, the meet is cancelled.
- Should the underground close all lines for "maintenance" which makes it difficult to reach Victoria station, I'll consider this the week before to properly warn people.