The contemplation of death leads to a confrontation with the meaning of being, with life itself.
Dr Stephen J. Costello: Director, Viktor Frankl Institute of Ireland (www.logotherapyireland.com)
Barre Fitzpatrick: Director, Stride (www.stride.ie)
• Setting the scene philosophically
• Reading relevant passages on death from Marcus Aurelius’ Meditations
• River of life meditation
1-1.45pm: Lunch in dining-room
• Reflection on Marcus Aurelius’ ‘Let your every deed and word and thought be those of one who might depart from this life this very moment’.
• Blind walk
• Meaning of the experience
• Obituary exercise
• Plenary discussion
• Dawn meditation
• Legacy: My imprint
• Goal-setting for the New Year
Date: Saturday, January 11th, 2014, 11am-4.30pm.
Venue: Jesuit Conference Centre, Milltown Park, Ranelagh, Dublin 6.
Cost: €50 per person.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Viktor Frankl Institute Ireland||December 13, 2013 12:15 PM||Dr Stephen J. C.|