We're in the very early days of virtual reality adoption but, with companies releasing consumer VR headgear this year, and with the conversation surrounding how we are going to best use this game-changing technology heating up in the media, it is NOT too early for us to start talking about what we are all going to be doing (in some capacity or another) in the very near future (and some of us are working on this right now).
Some of the topics we'll be exploring in Virtual Reality Content Meetup include:
(1) Content trends in VR (who is pushing the envelope of this new technology with innovative storytelling that challenges our real world?)
(2) What types of stories and experiences are best suited for VR and which platforms?
(3) How will brands help consumers adopt VR and be open to immersive VR experiences?
(4) What will be the content marketers' role in the adoption of VR and how will it differ (if at all) from traditional media?
(5) Experimental content marketing models.
(6) User-generated VR (the next big thing?).
(7) What will happen when money pours into VR marketing -- how will media buys change over the next 2-5 years?
(8) Which brands are experimenting with VR content successfully and unsuccessfully?
(9) The latest research findings in VR (behavioral studies, how immersive VR changes our perception of the real world, unintended consequences of using the technology, etc.
I look forward to your feedback and suggestions. Feel free to reach out to me at charlie[at]servedfreshmedia.net. And do subscribe to my new virtual reality newsletter exploring how VR will change our perceptions of ourselves and the world around us. Sign up for the newsletter ("Glitch in the Matrix") here: http://eepurl.com/bVFTgb