Virtual Tech Self-Study Message Board › Introductions

Introductions

Heather S.
user 30787012
Boston, MA
Post #: 2
Thank you Morgan! I do have that book as well, I read through it when I first started MySQL but then life (and procrastination) got in the way! I think there is even a Prometric testing center in my office building, I really have no excuses.
Alana
user 3584937
Jamaica Plain, MA
Post #: 111
Hi Everyone!

My name is Alana and I live in the Boston area. Most recently I worked as a Business Systems Analyst for accounting systems and have lots of understanding of databases but never coded! Currently I'm doing some web development mostly in Wordpress so this will come in very handy. Looking forward to learning MySQL and to an exciting new career path full of code :)
Sheeri Kritzer C.
sheeri
Group Organizer
Boston, MA
Post #: 151
Welcome Alana! I see you've already done the homework for week 1...jumping right on in there!
A former member
Hello! I'm Geoff and I'm in the Bay Area in California. I use MySQL pretty regularly at work but am always open to seeing if there's anything else I can learn. I look forward to working with ya'll :)
Aziz H.
user 76539202
Maynard, MA
Post #: 1
Hello,

My name is Aziz Hassan. I am from Maynard, Massachusetts. I am new to using MySQL and am hoping to gain a lot of helpful information from this course.
Sheeri Kritzer C.
sheeri
Group Organizer
Boston, MA
Post #: 156
Welcome Aziz!
Corrin
user 11389797
Davis, CA
Post #: 16
i'm late to the party, but my name is Corrin, and I live in Sacramento. My friend is a DBA for Zynga and want to prove he can train a DBA in his free time. I'm hamster one.
Sheeri Kritzer C.
sheeri
Group Organizer
Boston, MA
Post #: 182
i'm late to the party, but my name is Corrin, and I live in Sacramento. My friend is a DBA for Zynga and want to prove he can train a DBA in his free time. I'm hamster one.

Hi Corrin,

It's never too late! The 2nd season started Monday, and chapter 1 is just 5 pages, so you can be "on the program" pretty easily. Welcome!
Aziz H.
user 76539202
Maynard, MA
Post #: 4
Hello,

My name is Aziz and I'm looking to learn about MySQL to further my development at my job. I actually joined the group previously when the course was about halfway through. I plan on completing the course and hopefully moving departments at my company.
Leo
penguin02007
Boston, MA
I have to drop off from last section due to a class conflict. I am looking forward to understand mysql more as I happen to finish a course in postgres.