Virtual Tech Self-Study Message Board › Introductions

Introductions

SeattleGaucho
SeattleGaucho
Bellevue, WA
Post #: 4
Hi all,

I'm in the Seattle area, most specifically, the Eastside. We're going to dedicate some time at the MySQL Meetups to discuss Marinate topics. If someone wants to meet for a hack-a-thon on the Eastside, feel free to suggest a local Starbucks (or Tully's - no shortage of them in town) and we can make it happen.

Cheers,
G
Ronak A.
user 71949862
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 1
Hi All,

I'm Ronak Amin based out of Waltham MA.

I am a virgin to MySQL; hoping to really gain some base knowledge to further my corporate capabilities and experiences.

Look forward to working with you all.

thanks!

Sheeri Kritzer C.
sheeri
Group Organizer
Boston, MA
Post #: 128
Hi Ronak - welcome!
Patrick H.
user 74304712
Cambridge, MA
Hello, I am an Oracle DBA who occasionally dabbles with MySQL and am keen to learn more.

Thanks for setting this up Sheeri.

Right better get my homework done (it's been many years since I've said that).
Marisa P.
user 46536872
Dublin, CA
I'm Marisa, a developer from Berkeley Lab in Berkeley CA.

:) Nice to meet you all!
Karen T.
user 72002422
Palmer Lake, CO
Hi Everyone, Karen Trujillo here. I'm a former Oracle DBA who is a TAM keeping up my technical edge. As MySQL databases are storing the metadata for software frameworks for Big Data (buzz in the technology world) I thought I should learn MySQL. I'm looking forward to this class.
A former member
Post #: 60
Hi, I'm Will Zachmann and live on the coast, south of Boston. My company is Canopus Research Inc.. You can also find me on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. I am looking forward to this MySQL self-study! Thanks to Sheeri for putting it together! *;-)#
Sheeri Kritzer C.
sheeri
Group Organizer
Boston, MA
Post #: 136
Welcome Patrick, Marisa, Karen and Will!
A former member
Post #: 5
Hi Sheeri and nice to meet everyone else. Have studied SQL in a variety of forms including everything from SAS to ADABAS, ORACLE, MS-SQL 2000 and Access as well as an ANSI SQL online class, but want to focus specifically on MySQL. Sheeri, I am back at looking for IT work and I thank you for having this class. Off to Amazon to buy the book now.....M
Sheeri Kritzer C.
sheeri
Group Organizer
Boston, MA
Post #: 137
Welcome, Maureen!