addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Virtual Tech Self-Study Message Board › How To Submit Homework

How To Submit Homework

Jon T.
user 73954692
Evans City, PA
Post #: 2
So I've been doing everything else fine, but I'm not sure how to pull 'upstream' changes back down to my system. I can see that Chapter 4 is in the master repository, but my version at github and locally only has chapters 1-3.

Hi Sheeri, Jon, I think I had the same issue,

I followed had also done the https://help.github.c...­ configure remotes plus the git merge upstream/master prior to updating what I had done on github.com, that had downloaded the files to my local computer but didn't update what was shown in my repo in the github.com website.

I ended up doing a git pull request setting with Sherri as the head repo & mine as the base on github.com, then did a git pull on the git shell on my local computer. I'm not sure if this is the sort of process I'll need to follow for future chapters as well.

~Heather

That's pretty much what I've tried, but my forked repo only shows chapters 1-3 and git pull shows that I'm up to date.
gerv
gerv
Sheffield, GB
Post #: 1
Not sure if I set this up wrong originally, but I found that my repo had my own repo as its upstream! So trying to pull in changes from Sheeri's master repo didn't work. To fix that, I did:

git remote rm upstream
git remote add --track master upstream git://github.com/Sheeri/mysql-marinate
git fetch upstream
git merge upstream/master

Gerv
Jon T.
user 73954692
Evans City, PA
Post #: 3
Not sure if I set this up wrong originally, but I found that my repo had my own repo as its upstream! So trying to pull in changes from Sheeri's master repo didn't work. To fix that, I did:

git remote rm upstream
git remote add --track master upstream git://github.com/Sheeri/mysql-marinate
git fetch upstream

Gerv
Thanks Gerv!

OK, I needed to just do
git fetch upstream

I was able to verify my upstream configuration by running
git remote show upstream

Those aren't commands that I've seen in any of the documentation to date. They're perfectly intuitive now that I know about them.
Sheeri Kritzer C.
sheeri
Group Organizer
Boston, MA
Post #: 158
Hi Maureen,

I'm not seeing a pull request for week 1's homework.....
gerv
gerv
Sheffield, GB
Post #: 2
Hi Sheeri,

Did you see this one? https://github.com/Sh...­ Or did I do it wrong?

If you are simply busy, that's fine!

Gerv
Sheeri Kritzer C.
sheeri
Group Organizer
Boston, MA
Post #: 160
Gerv - yes, I'm on vacation this week so I'm looking at pull requests every few days. That did make the list of pull requests to look at though.
A former member
Post #: 11
Hi and a working vacation, hmmmm. Nothing like working in IT....

I just did the 'pull' for homework one although I did the rest about a week ago.

Can you see it now or when you have a moment to look?

Thanks....M
Sheeri Kritzer C.
sheeri
Group Organizer
Boston, MA
Post #: 161
Maureen - yep, I saw it. (Also it wasn't a working vacation! I am responsible for leading this group so I have been keeping up every few days with it). I think I already commented on it too.
May T.
user 12889701
Manchester, GB
Post #: 10
biggrin Finally I can submit my homework
Sheeri Kritzer C.
sheeri
Group Organizer
Boston, MA
Post #: 188
biggrin Finally I can submit my homework

Yay! I saw the homework you submitted and commented....