addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Virtual Tech Self-Study Message Board › glitch with password caching?

glitch with password caching?

Scott
user 5248851
Canyon, CA
Post #: 3
Hi, All,

I'm running into a glitch with password caching

After the first, two steps here - https://help.github.c...­ - I get the error message:

"error: git-credential-osxkeychain died of signal 11" ... e.g.

scott-gordon-k-macleods-macbook-pro:~ RedLotus$ git config --global user.name "scott-wuas"
scott-gordon-k-macleods-macbook-pro:~ RedLotus$ git config --global user.email "helianth@gmail.com"
scott-gordon-k-macleods-macbook-pro:~ RedLotus$ git credential-osxkeychain
error: git-credential-osxkeychain died of signal 11
scott-gordon-k-macleods-macbook-pro:~ RedLotus$

Suggestions?

I'm also using Terminal and not the "Github for Mac" native app, since I don't have MacOS 10.7.x (but am using
MacOS 10.6.8)

Thanks,
Scott
Sheeri Kritzer C.
sheeri
Group Organizer
Boston, MA
Post #: 144
Scott - have you tried reinstalling git credential-osxkeychain now that git itself is working?