Virtual Yacht Club Message Board › Front page all out of order

Front page all out of order

A former member
Post #: 23
It would be more convenient for me as a user/member if VYC meetups were listed in "dated" order on the main page. Please consider putting this format back up, Thanks
A former member
Post #: 29
I agree - and having generic, commercial events like boat shows, as well as routine events like monthly meetings labeled as "Featured Events" doesn't make sense.

Something like Bob's sailing classes do make sense as "Featured Event".

I fully support the strict chronological order, with maybe one single "Featured Event" maximum at a time.
Bob J.
BobJ
Raymond, NH
Post #: 36
I agree with that completely. Have them in order of when they are happening and those that are a work in progress out front, to be dealt with as needed.
Rachael S.
RachaelSP
Rollinsford, NH
Post #: 13
For new visitors to the site it is useful if they can see the upcoming monthly meeting at first glance. All other events can be posted in date order. If all events are dated it should be pretty easy to see when they will take place.
A former member
Post #: 24
Thank you Rachael, it is much improved. scrolling past one such item (current monthly meeting) is not a big deal at all.
A former member
Post #: 26
It was looking good with December monthly meeting as a feature.
Now there seems to be several future monthly meetings as featured events. It makes sense to me to have one (the UPCOMING) monthly meeting as a featured event. I do not feel that it is beneficial to have all the future monthly meetings on top of the board, even if they have a lecture or other activity related to them.
Please consider changing back to the one featured monthly meeting. Thanks
Claudia O
user 11593159
Newburyport, MA
Post #: 47
Boo,

Thanks so much for the suggestion!
I agree with you and so removed the feature tag on future monthly meetups. Will keep it this way going forward.

Maureen, hope this answers your question.

- Claudia
Claudia O
user 11593159
Newburyport, MA
Post #: 48
I think as Rachael said above the upcoming Monthly Meetup can be flagged to keep it simple. All other events let fall in chronological order. Does that make sense to everyone?
A former member
Post #: 27
Claudia, thanks for resetting this. I think generally it works well the way it is now but I can imagine if there is a posting that needs some special action from the membership (like a deposit/payment in advance or some such) that it would make sense for that posting to be flagged for a period of time. There are probably other scenarios where it would be of unusual benefit. although I am sure I can't think of every possibility.
Claudia O
user 11593159
Newburyport, MA
Post #: 49
Thanks Boo for your input. That makes sense. I think if someone wants to make it a featured event just send an email but better to keep most in chronological order.