Let Live is hosting a community get-together, please join to help this event be a success.
Community Get-Together & Cooking Demos
Sunday, Dec. 13 (5:00 PM - 8:00 PM)
Matt Dishman Community Center (77 NE Knott, Portland)
Free (though they surely could be talked into accepting donations)
- There will be a volunteering open house. Come meet local animal groups, see what they are all about, and see who you might like to get involved with.
- "Re-thinking the Holiday Table" talk with Michelle Schwegmann, co-founder of Herbivore Clothing Co. Will you be sharing your holidays with non-vegans? Michelle will share some tips on how to keep the tension low, and will arm you with several sure to please recipes.
- Cooking demo with Aaron Adams, chef at Portobello Vegan Trattoria. Come hear Aaron discuss crowd pleasing vegan entrees everyone will love.
- Cooking demo with Lisa Higgins, owner of Sweetpea Baking Company. Lisa will discuss holiday desserts, come see how the pro's do it.
- Come sample treats from local vegan companies.
Message from the Let Live clan:
We’d love you to RSVP over at the Facebook Event page [or for those not into Facebook, email RSVP to info @ letlivefoundation.org in addition to the Meetup RSVP for VLV], thanks. We’d also love you to please help spread the word about this. Bring a friend or three. Repost on your FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter, Blog, whatever. Anything helps.
Hope to see you there.
Let Live is also looking for feedback on their events from all vegans and PDX folks to help them plan for the future. They were feeling a bit down and demoralized after the "Fowl Play" movie (replacement for "Skin Trade" premiere) and need some props. So help them find the holiday spirit if you can spare a few minutes.