Mar 21, 2010 · 5:30 PM
To celebrate the coming of Spring (also the Iranian New Year), new blossoms, the bursts of color exploding in lawns and parks all over the metro area and longer, warmmmmer days full of sunshine, this week's menu is a low-fat but full-flavor meal.
We will feast on:
- Melt in Your Mouth Cauliflower Soup (a variation on Charlie Trotter's from his book "Raw")
- Gabrielle's Chi Onion Bread (Chi-ckpea miso, Chi-a seed)
- Spinach, Pine Nut, Lemon, & Raisin Melange Salad (oil free)
- A Feast for the Eyes and Tastebuds Fruit & Spice Mandala
- Vanilla Kissed Coconut Water Kefir
*(this particular meal is gluten and soy-free)
Sunday Supper is hosted by CTH & Gabrielle Chavez (Author of "The Raw Food Gourmet; Going Raw for Total Well Being")
RSVP early so the amounts can be finalized since raw foods often require prep days in advance as well as purchasing of ingredients. Not waiting till the last minute helps our chefs plan without panic or undue and expensive waste.
This is a CATERED raw-vegan meal. Please RSVP here or call Gabrielle at[masked] so we can be sure to prepare enough for everyone. If you do RSVP please make every effort to come — a place is set for you, and a wonderful dinner prepared.
- 5:30 - dinner and sharing around the tables (arrive early as we don't wait when the food is this good).
- 6:30 to 7:00 (optional) - circle time, including story - discussion, and raw communion.
Attendees are asked to make a gift of $10 - $20 to help with expenses. No one is turned away for lack of funds,
so those who can afford to make the larger gift, please help out by doing so.
We are also trying to help facilitate some carpooling for those who are living car-free or just want to combine rides to save money and/or resources. If you need a ride or have an extra seat please respond in the RSVP or call. Thanks!
Anyone who would like to present a meal for Sunday Supper as a guest chef or perhaps just a component of the meal (such as a drink, salad, dessert, etc) please contact Gabrielle or Thomas who will get you on the schedule and assist you in making it work.
NEXT WEEK'S PREVIEW: March 28th... Time again for RAW POTLUCK! :)
And coming soon, the last of the scrumptious blueberries before the fresh season starts, and local fermentation delights!