August 8, 2010 · 5:15 PM
"A VISIT TO THE FARMERS MARKET"
Sunday Supper by Guest Shef Sam
When: Sunday, August 8,[masked]:15 PM
Where: Kairos-Milwaukie UCC, 4790 SE Logus Rd., Milwaukie, OR 97222
Come join me again this week, as I'll be the guest chef for the second Sunday in a row (perhaps a first for Sunday Supper though they are still over a year without repeating a menu). I'll be preparing another 'PDX-Summer-Enthused' Dinner this time Farmers Market-Inspired, and as a bonus after the meal will be a presentation by Dr T who is back in town to talk about skin issues and healthy approaches especially through nutrition (though in the same venue it is a separate event requiring a second RSVP).
The menu will include:
- PDX Summer Sammies :D — Sliced Tomatoes topped by fresh basil and onions with YUMMY Almond Mayo on a garlic bread (this bread is a preview though different version of what my friend Shanti will be serving at the Raw & Living Spirit Retreat for lunch on Thursday; so good you'll be standing in line to sign up)
- Kelp Noodle Salad — Matchstick marinated beets (lemon, ginger, garlic) yellow/orange pepper, kelp noodles, green onion on a bed of chiffonaded beet greens bathed in tahini-lemongrass "alfredo"
- Watermelon Delight — Watermelon mixed with sweet onion, lime and mint; refreshing and cleansing
- Summer Berries with Cashew Créme Parfaits — What more can be said about ripe Oregon berries that isn't already invoked by the very idea of them? Yet impossibly made better by vanilla infused creamy goodness
- Lemon-Kissed Alkaline Anti-Oxidant Water — Hydrating, and pH-Balancing!
Gluten, Soy and of course, Cilantro-Free Vegan Meal. There are almonds and cashews in this meal though a dessert can be made without the créme for those who are sensitive to cashews if you let us know it's desired.
Those attending are asked to support creating community with their presence for the full evening and a donation for the food of $10-20, though they always accept whatever one is able to give.
- 5:30 — Dinner and sharing around the tables
- 6:30 to 7:00 — Circle Time
- 7:00 to 9:00 — Presentation by Dr T (separate event; RSVP HERE)
Sunday Supper is also trying to help facilitate carpooling for those who are living car-free or just want to combine rides to save money and/or resources. If you need a ride or have an extra seat please respond in the RSVP, or call, but don't count on getting a ride. There is a Tri-Met bus that drops people off a block or so away just before dinner starts and it's easier to get a ride back once there.