Announcing a new Meetup for Viva La Vegan PORTLAND - Metro!What
: "THAI ONE ON" Sunday Supper & Compass of Grace WorkshopWhen
: Sunday, August 1,[masked]:15 PMWhere
: Kairos-Milwaukie UCC, 4790 Logus Rd, Milwaukie, OR 97222
Come join me, as I'll be the guest chef this week preparing a 'Thai-Inspired, PDX-Summer-Enthused
' Dinner, and as a bonus after the meal will be a chance to learn the life-enhancing Compass of Grace practice presented in an introductory workshop.
The menu will include:
- PDX Thai Sami Noodles :D ? Basil & coconut dancing with Thai flavors and a secret ingredient
- Tender Greens & Marinated Jicama for a Thai-Flair Salad with Sesame-Ginger Dressing
- Thai-Infused Tomato-Mango Soup
- Thai-Styled Curried Cauliflower
- Sweet Black Sesame Thai-Influenced Dessert
- Thai-Complementary Cucumber-Kissed Alkaline Anti-Oxidant Water
Nut, Gluten, Soy and even Cilantro-Free (though there may be some cilantro on the side for those who can't live without) Vegan meal
Those attending are asked to support creating community with their presence for the full evening and a donation for the food of $10-20, though they always accept whatever one is able to give.
After dinner, in lieu of the usual presentation, there will once again be on offer an introductory workshop to the Compass of Grace. Easily understood, with practice the Compass of Grace amounts to an upgrade of your human operating system, allowing you to notice where you (and others) are coming from any given moment in your life and relationships and then to shift to a state of grace such as peace, joy and gratitude in the midst of the stresses of daily life. I've taken this workshop several times and get something new out of it each time as well as a gentle reminder of the main important points.
- 5:30 ? Dinner and sharing around the tables
- 6:30 to 8:00 ? Special Introduction to the Compass of Grace Workshop--by donation
- 8:00 to ? ? Cleanup and goodbyes
Sunday Supper is also trying to help facilitate carpooling for those who are living car-free or just want to combine rides to save money and/or resources. If you need a ride or have an extra seat please respond in the RSVP, or call, but don't count on getting a ride. There is a Tri-Met bus that drops people off a block or so away just before dinner starts and it's easier to get a ride back once there.
RSVP to this Meetup:http://www.meetup.com/Viva-la-Vegan/calendar/14247318/